1. Enquiry: you enquire with us about letting your property with Bowbridge Properties
2. Contract: We will send you a contract in advance of our first meeting, so that you have plenty of time to read it and note down any questions that you may have. You will be assigned a housing manager who will be your point-of-contact for all negotiations with us.
3. Meeting: Your contact will meet with you for the first time, either at our offices or at the property you wish to rent. At this meeting we will:
- answer any queries that you have
- run through the contract you have been sent to make sure there is nothing you are unsure about
- talk about the property and what you may need to install/repair before the property is ready for letting
- talk about the responsibilities a landlord has, and make sure you have fulfilled all the necessary legal requirements for letting a property, for example buildings insurance and Energy Performance Certificate and Landlord Registration
- discuss how much rent you should expect to charge for your property, and how much you want to be involved in the letting
4. Register: The only thing you will need to do at this stage is to register yourself as a landlord with Landlord Registration Scotland. To register online go to www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk You will need Bowbridge Properties’ Agency Registration Number which is : 482293/180/08531 .
5. Checks: Once the contract is signed, we will arrange various checks to make sure your property meets government basic standards:
- a Gas Safety Certificate inspection: to test that your gas appliances are running safely (this is repeated yearly)
- Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Portable Appliance Test: all your electrical appliances will be tested, we charge a flat rate no matter how many appliances you have. (This test is repeated every two years)
- Hard wired smoke alarms & heat detector
- Electrical installation Condition report
6. Advice: We will give you general advice on how to leave the house ready for tenants.
7. Handover: When everything is ready, you can give us your keys and leave the rest up to us!
If you have any more questions about letting with us, please submit a question on our contact us page.